Ancient Northumbria & Holy Island
The very north eastern corner of Northumberland, between the historic towns of Berwick-on-Tweed and Alnwick on the Scottish border, houses a designated heritage coastline with a fabulous array of attractions that defined the ancient Kingdom of Northumbria. This is a region of lush, rolling countryside and forests, sandy beaches and seaside towns, quaint villages and bustling market towns, mighty castles and historic monuments bearing testament to bloody battles of centuries long ago. With few hotel options for coach touring, take this rare opportunity to run a tour in this wonderful remote part of England.
• 4 nights Half Board accommodation
• Timed low tide visit by causeway road to the Holy Island of Lindisfarne with entrance to the Visitors Centre & famous Priory ruins
• Visit to Ford & Etal Country Estate including Etal Castle, Narrow Gauge Railway ride, Lady Waterford Hall & Heathersall Working Flour Mill
• Guided visit to Bamburgh Castle
• Joint visit to Alnwick Castle & Gardens