Danish Food Circuit
‘Live like a Dane’, a phrase coined and tossed about in recent years owing to the Scandinavian country’s persistent top rankings for ‘happiness’. On this tour we have chosen to focus on Danish food which straight away drew us to North Zealand, for the food movement here has led to it being described as ‘Copenhagen’s Larder’. Lying just above Copenhagen the Royal North Zealand area is already known for its beauty dotted with castles and beaches along the Danish Riviera. Follow the organic food process from plough to plate and taste food as it was meant to be including Nordic speciality berries.
• 4 nights Half Board accommodation
• Return ferry crossing (Hull -Rotterdam)
• Visit Thorshojgaard biodynamic farm
• Visit Rokkedyssegard for berry picking experience
• Den Ny Spritfabrik - tours and tasting of aquavit distillery
• Dine at Restaurant Sskipperhuset (by lake Ersum) - combined with Fredensborg garden visit