Agatha Christie's 'Secret' Harrogate
The Old Swan is one of the most famous hotels in Yorkshire, with a history going back nearly 200 years, crime-writing doyenne Agatha Christie famously disappeared in 1926 to this tranquil retreat, resulting in a public furore during the 11 days she could not be traced. With this exceptional traditional hotel and the undulating Yorkshire Dales to explore, you know where to go for your impromptu disappearing act! Harrogate is renowned for its Pump Room, elegant spa buildings, green spaces, and Betty’s famous tearooms, all built over England’s strongest sulphur spring, which can still be sampled today.
• 4 nights Half Board at the Old Swan Harrogate
• Visit to Newby Hall House and Gardens
• Visit Harewood House & Gardens
• Visit to Harlow Carr RHS Gardens
• Traditional afternoon tea at Betty’s Tea Rooms, Harrogate
• Ride on the Embsay and Bolton Abbey Railway