Cairngorms National Park - Winter Packages
A winter wonderland awaits; winter is one of the best times to visit a National Park when the air is crisp, and the sun is low, the landscape rests peacefully once more. The winter climate of the Cairngorms National Park is the perfect setting and second home to a range of Arctic animals found at the Highland Wildlife Park, sister zoo of Edinburgh. The mountain funicular continues its clockwork journey to the summit revealing a stunning winter vista of the surrounding Highland peaks and the park below. Venture out on a day of activity in the great outdoors – there’s some great soft adventure options to choose from. At last, after a hearty evening meal enjoy a winter warmer whisky tasting back at your hotel.
• 4 nights Half Board accommodation
• Winter warmer: whisky tasting or glass mulled wine
• Entry to the Highland Wildlife Park (see arctic animals)
• Return funicular train ride, the highest railway in Britain
• Lowland guided walk in this winter wonderland
• Tour of the Reindeer Centre