Swiss Mountain Special & Glacier Express
Experience the one-of-a-kind mountain landscape of the Swiss Alps with a spectacular train journey on the Glacier Express, between Brig and Chur. Known as the ‘world’s slowest express train’, it travels what is one of the most beautiful stretches of railway in the world, plus a free cable car pass. The Saas Valley is wedged between the highest mountains of the Swiss Alps. Huge rock walls rise up to the snow-capped mountains and glaciers whilst the southern part of the valley is dominated by a large dam, holding back the Mattmark Lake. Its landscape is spectacular and overwhelming! Saas-Grund, the “Hiking Pearl”, is a pleasant holiday destination that offers a huge range of exciting experiences for all ages and boast a new 1200-metre wellness and activity trail on Kreuzboden.
• 6 nights Half Board accommodation: 4 nights in the Saas Grund, 2 nights in Davos
• Return ferry/Eurotunnel crossing from the UK
• Free Summer Pass for Cable Cars and funicular train and local bus in the Saas Valley
In summer, all cable cars (not including the Metro Alpin) & all buses in the Saas Valley can be used free of charge. Various hiking trails, cross-country ski runs & snow-shoe trails start right from the Mattmarkblick Hotel.
In winter, all buses in the Saas Valley are free of charge, and guests can buy a season ski pass for Saas-Fee and Saas-Almagell in the hotel.
• Glacier Express High Mountain Train ride from Brig to Chur
• Free Summer Pass for Cable Cars and local bus in the Davos Valley