West Coast Hiking
Over this four-night west coast break, centred in the lively heritage town of Westport, you’ll enjoy three different hiking routes. Start with a hike (or optional cycle) on a stage of the Greenway, an off road coastal path stretching all the way to Achill Island, with its cliff-facing remote white sandy beaches. Then a guided trek through a Glacial Valley and peatlands in a Special Area of Conservation gaining an insight into how modern life is in these rural surroundings which includes gold-panning experience. Final challenge will be to take on the peaks of Croagh Patrick. Indeed, this annual pilgrim path, often done barefoot, is associated with the patron saint, St Patrick himself. The views from the top, on a clear day, are mesmerising; looking out over Clew Bay and its collection of sunken drumlins, legend has it there are 365 tiny islands, one for each day of the year. Or perhaps a day at leisure in Galway City, you choose how active or inactive you wish the trip to be!
• 4 nights Half Board accommodation
• Return ferry crossing from the UK
• Day on Greenway off road coast path (optional bike hire)
• Full day visit to Glen Keen Farm with guided walk and homemade lunch & trad music session
• Climb the pilgrim mountain of Croagh Patrick or day at leisure in Galway City