York's Chocolate Trail
A sweet tale of chocolate entrepreneurial-ship awaits in York. Whilst most northern cities made their wealth from steel, wool or cotton, York’s history is embedded within chocolate production. The household name of ‘Terrys’ (chocolate orange) and Rowntrees originate up here, discover their tale and tantalising tastes at York ‘s Chocolate Story. The city’s rivers that were once used to transport the raw ingredients to the city, now have leisure river cruises on the go and the chocolate shops of old seem to dot the city streets once more – be part of the chocolate revival!
• 3 nights Half Board accommodation
• Guided chocolate themed city walking tour
• Entry to York’s Chocolate Story
• Cruise on the River Ouse
• Cocoa Works chocolate tutorial and tasting
• Entry to Goddard’s House & Gardens (home of Terry chocolatier’s)